What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is one of those procedures that most people have heard of but don’t really know much about. Microdermabrasion is a procedure that exfoliates and removes the superficial layer of dry dead skin cells using a stream of fine crystals to buff and polish the skin.
What conditions will Microdermabrasion treat?
Patients with fine lines, uneven pigmentation or clogged pores are excellent candidates for a Microdermabrasion procedure. In addition, the procedure works to:
- Improve age spots and black heads
- Improve patches of darkened skin
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne
Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion.